Sunday, May 15, 2016

Abandoned FoodMax/Gregersons, Oxford, AL


     Location: Oxford, Alabama. Next to a Books-A-Million and a Martins Department Store.


     Today, while trying to kill some time, my parents and I stopped at a Books-A-Million, and to my surprise, there was an abandoned store… with NO boards on the windows! As proven by my mother, who was born and raised in the neighbouring Anniston, and the labelscar, it was indeed a Gregersons.
Gregersons is a chain of supermarkets down in Alabama. It then was turned into a FoodMax, a subsidiary of Bruno's. Again, supermarkets. After some research, I found that it closed in 2009. As evidence, there were a mixture of the FoodMax and Gregersons décor on the walls. The only FoodMax mark I could find was one on the back wall that said, "FOODMAX: The Low Price Place" as shown below.
      Anyway, I was able to get some pictures of the inside and plan out the building as I went along.



In the picture above, you can see the lights are still on, which is quite strange, the "Quality MEAT & POULTRY" sign, where the '& POU' section of the sign looks like it's going to fall off, the scattered blue mess of tiles that were in the entrance, and the dirty scars from the aisles.

See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment